Cascade haircut for long hair: more than 70 photos of different ideas
Long hair cascade is one of the most beautiful women's haircuts that never loses its relevance. This hairstyle is worn by many celebrities. She has no age restrictions and suits absolutely everyone. The cascade haircut has a lot of advantages, which is why it has been in hits for many years.
What does a haircut cascade for long hair look like?
In terms of its structure, a cascade is a multi-stage haircut, where the strands from the shortest length go down like a ladder. The hairstyle appeared about 50 years ago.
Of course, for so long it could not remain unchanged. And gradually stylists added additional options to the main technology, diversifying the cascade.
Today a haircut exists in the following forms:
- Classic cascade. Strands create an even and smooth ladder along the entire length of the hair.
- Two-level cascade. In this version, the haircut has two pronounced tiers - the cap and the main length. The transition between them can be sharp and or smooth.
- Graduated cascade. In this haircut modification, special attention is paid to the edging. It is more shallow.
- Ragged cascade. With the help of deep thinning, pronounced steps of the strands are created, randomly located along the entire length. Such a cascade looks especially impressive on coarse straight hair.
The haircut can be worn with or without bangs. Also, the cascade on long hair is in perfect harmony with many types of coloring and gives volume.
Who is the cascade haircut suitable for?
There is hardly a girl who would not go long curls. Long hair contains the natural beauty and femininity of the fair sex. The cascade haircut is suitable for all types of hair and is combined with all types of appearance. Only the haircut option is selected individually. When it's a pity to cut the length, but really want a beautiful hairstyle - a cascade is a great way to create a new image.
Combination of cascade and hair types
- Thin hair. A classic and graduated cascade is suitable for such hair.
- Wavy hair... For girls with this type of hair, a cascade is the most ideal haircut. You can choose any option, except for a torn cascade.
- Straight hair. A torn cascade and a two-level one looks best on such hair.
- Curly hair. Ladies with very curly hair can cut any cascade, except for the two-level.
The thicker the hair, the deeper the thinning should be done. Girls with thin, naughty, dry hair can also safely choose this haircut. It will renew the ends, give your hair a healthier look, and make it easier to care for.
Face types and haircut cascade for long hair
For girls with an oval face, any style of cascade is suitable. You can also choose different bangs. The thing is that an oval face is the most versatile and does not need to be corrected with hairstyles.
The square face always makes the cascade softer. You can correct the contour of the face with a bang: it should be oblique or torn. You can also leave long bangs on one side.
A triangular face looks good with a graduated cascade and straight, short bangs.
An elongated narrow face will look harmonious with a voluminous classic cascade and torn straight bangs. For some girls, thick, short bangs may work.
Despite the complex appearance, the cascade haircut is quite simple to perform.
- Wash your hair first. If they are clean, moisten with water.
- The bangs, if any, are pinned into a separate clip. The rest of the hair is divided into two zones: the occipital and parietal.
- Right in the middle of the crown, you need to stretch out a strand (2-3 cm wide) that will be the shortest, measure the length and cut off at an angle of 90 °. This strand will be the control for the entire haircut.
- First, the entire hair on the parietal zone is cut. Strand by strand, the hair is pulled up to the control curl from the front, then from the sides. The angle of each cut is 90 degrees.
- When everything is ready in the parietal zone, the master goes to the back of the head.
- To the same control strand, hair is pulled from the entire back of the head.
- After the main haircut is finished, the hair needs to be combed, trimmed and trimmed.
- The last stage is thinning. Its depth depends on the structure of the hair.
Haircut cascade with bangs
Cascade with long bangs
The elongated bangs in the cascade haircut add sophistication and playfulness to the image. Long bangs frame the face very nicely, giving it a more rounded shape. Thick bangs on the side will help soften the outline of a square face.
With a torn cascade, the transitions on the haircut are more pronounced, while thinning is still done, if the density of the hair allows. A haircut cascade will help to significantly increase the volume of fine or weak hair.
Haircut cascade for curly hair
On curly hair, the cascade haircut looks very good, the strands fit in beautiful curls, even if you just dry them naturally.
Can I make a cascade hairstyle on long hair myself?
Even a professional master is not always able to cut himself. Such experiments are always fraught with unpleasant consequences. The cascade haircut is perhaps the only one that you can try to do yourself at home.
To do this, collect the tail in the middle of the crown, tie it with a thin elastic band. Measure the length you want and just cut off the excess. Without spreading the tail, tilt your head, and, holding the scissors vertically, make several cuts in the depth of the hair.
Untie your tail, comb your hair - your cascade is ready. Of course, the result of such a haircut cannot be compared with a salon one. The method is permissible only if you do not have the opportunity for some reason to use the services of a master, but there is an irresistible desire to cut the cascade.
To make your hairstyle always look well-groomed and beautiful, do not forget to monitor the health of the ends. Nourish and moisturize them with special products that are appropriate for your hair type.
Haircut cascade photo
For those who have long hair, the most stylish solution would be to cut a cascade on long hair, this is a universal haircut that suits everyone, and especially if there is a small amount of hair. This haircut is light and easy to style.
Long, especially thick hair is difficult to care for; it takes a lot of patience, time and effort. All this is difficult, but even harder to part with the length of the hair when cutting. Therefore, a cascade haircut will allow you to maintain the length and update the hairstyle and simplify styling.